New cases of corona in the country are continuously decreasing. In the last 24 hours, 881 deaths have been registered due to corona infection. Now the total active cases in the country are 14.5 lakhs. Since January 20, there has been a steady decline in the corona cases. At present, the total active cases in the country is 14.35 lakh. The positivity rate in the country was recorded at 9.27% on Thursday.
Corona weekly updates:
- Madhya Pradesh government opened the schools from February 1. All classes from 1st to 12th are being conducted with 50% attendance. Residential schools and hostels are also running with 50 percent attendance.
- Similarly, the West Bengal government has also reopened schools from February 3. Private and Government offices can function with 75% staff. Theatres can operate with 75% capacity, reports
- Night curfew has been lifted in Mumbai. In the circular issued on Tuesday, Mumbai’s beaches, gardens, parks will open at their own time. Mumbai’s amusement parks, theme parks will open at 50% capacity. Swimming pool, water park, restaurants and theatres will operate at 50% capacity.
- The Central Government has extended the work from home till February 15 for the employees below the rank of Under Secretary. According to the order issued on Monday, physically challenged and pregnant women have been exempted from coming to the office.
- The Centre on Wednesday directed the states to speed up the second dose for 15-17 years old.
- The government is soon going to start the supply of Zydus vaccine in 7 states.
- The Rajasthan government removed the night curfew in the state. Besides, 250 people will be able to attend the public gathering.
- The Delhi government has decided to open schools, coaching and gyms after the meeting of the disaster management department. Schools will be opened in a phased manner from February 7. The government has also relaxed the night curfew. Night curfew will now be implemented in Delhi from 11 pm instead of 10. Government and private offices will also open with 100 percent capacity.
- Serum Institute of India, makers of COVIDSHIELD vaccine, has asked the government to reduce the gap between the second and booster doses of the vaccine. At present, this gap is 9 months, which has been demanded to be reduced to 3 months. The Centre had made changes in the guidelines for vaccination for the officers on election duty, after which they are being administered the booster dose 90 days after the second dose.
Corona at a glance in India (data taken from mygov.in) :
Total new cases came in last 24 hours: 1,49,394
Total deaths in last 24 hours: 1,072
Total recovered patients in last 24 hours: 2,46,674
Total people infected so far: 4,19,52,712
Recovered till now: 4,00,17,088
Total deaths so far: 5,00,055
Total active cases: 14,35,569
Total jabs given so far: 1,68,47,16,068