News of relief has come as daily new cases are falling in 18 states and union territories of the country. Monitoring this, the central government has started giving relaxation in the rules. The government on Tuesday made some changes in the conditions related to testing.
On Monday, 3, 29,942 new infections were identified and more than 3.55 lakh people were recovered. It happened 62 days later when recovered patients outnumbered the new patients.
The number of new cases found on Monday is the lowest in the last 15 days. Earlier, on April 26, 3.19 lakh cases were reported. In the last 24 hours, 3,876 people succumbed to COVID-19. The death toll from Corona in India has reached 2.5 lakhs. The first death from Corona in the country was recorded on 12 March 2020. After that, it took 156 days to cross the 50 thousand mark.
Maharashtra accounts for about 30.82% of Corona deaths in India. Delhi holds 7.86%, Karnataka 7.63%, Uttar Pradesh 6.28% and Tamil Nadu 6.36%. The remaining 41.05% of deaths are from all other states and union territories.
There are more than one lakh active cases in only 13 states in the country. There are between 50 thousand and 1 lakh active cases in 6 states and less than 50 thousand active cases in 17 states.
- According to the Ministry of Health, The positivity rate in the country at present is 21%. The positivity rate is over 15% in 26 states. It is the highest in Goa at 49.6%. Puducherry, West Bengal, Haryana, Karnataka and Rajasthan have positivity exceeding 30%. The rate is 5 to 15% in 6 states. Less than 5% of people are getting infected in just 4 states.
- Now it will not be necessary to take the RT-PCR test before travelling from one state to another. Earlier, a negative report of the corona test was made necessary for inter-state travel in many states.
- Besides, if the patient does not have a fever for 5 days, then he will not need to do an RT-PCR test even before discharging from the hospital.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Britain has been cancelled due to the deteriorating condition of the country. He was supposed to attend the G-7 summit there. A spokesman for the Ministry of External Affairs said on Tuesday that PM Modi had been specially invited by the British Prime Minister Boris Johnson for the summit. Given the situation in Corona, it has been decided that the Prime Minister will not attend this conference.
- At present, there is strict lockdown like restrictions in 17 states of the country. These include Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Mizoram, Goa and Puducherry. Stringent restrictions have been imposed here like the previous lockdowns.
- There is a partial lockdown in 15 states and union territories of the country. Here many services are exempted from restrictions. These include Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Uttarakhand, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Assam, Manipur, Tripura, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Gujarat.
- According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), in India, a total of 30 crores 56 lakh187 sample tests have been done for the coronavirus. Out of which 18 lakh 50 thousand 110 samples were tested on the previous day.
- Puducherry Chief Minister N. Rangaswamy became Corona positive. He is undergoing treatment in a private hospital in Chennai.
- The Union Health Minister, Dr. Harsh Vardhan said that the fastest vaccination in the world is taking place in India. 17 crore vaccine doses are given in India in 114 days, while the US completed it in 115 days and China took 119 days.
Corona at a glance in India (data taken from mygov.in)
Total new cases came in last 24 hours: 3,29,942
Total deaths in last 24 hours: 3,876
Total recovered in last 24 hours: 3,56,082
Total infected so far: 2,29,92,517
Recovered till now: 1,90,27,304
Total deaths so far: 2,49,992
Total active cases: 37,15,221
Total people vaccinated so far: 17,27,10,066