So, you’ve always to start a blog of your own but just kept getting confused as to where to begin, because there’s just too much information out on the internet only to confuse you! Well, it is not that difficult to start a blog of your own, to be honest. If you follow these steps and understand each carefully, you would find it a piece of a cakewalk.
- Decide your niche
The first and most important step is to decide what you want to actually blog about. You can’t just put up a variety of information out there on your blog and expect visitors. Be sure to know what you are good at and what you can write about very well.
Once you are done deciding what you wish to blog about, you can go ahead with further steps in developing the blog.
- Choose your blogging platform
If you wish to start a blog, you would need a blogging platform wherein you can develop your blog posts. There are so many blogging platforms out there like WordPress, Blogger, Weebly, Wix, etc., but WordPress is amongst the widely used one.
- Pick your hosting
You would need a website hosting if you wish to showcase your blog posts. If you decide to start your blog on WordPress, you would get two options to choose from for the hosting.
- Hosted WordPress blogs are the ones that are developed on WordPress themselves and are free to use. However, these blogs have a limited functionality and do not offer you with all the features. Also, you do not get much control and the income is limited.
- Self-hosted WordPress blogs or the wordpress.org blogs are being hosted by the hosting site you choose. It would cost you a little money, but you would have so much control and your income will not be limited.
- Start your blog on WordPress
Once you select your hosting, go to WordPress and set up your blog. Choose a domain name and select a plan, in case of wordpress.com. In case you are using Bluehost, launch your WordPress through Bluehost.
- Select the right theme
There are more than 3000 themes available on wordpress.org and choosing the right one can be tricky. Look for the ones that allow you better control and according to your blogging niche. Your blog readers will first take a look at the appearance of your site instead of other things. So, make sure that you choose a right one.
- Write relevant content and start to promote your blog
Once you are done setting up your blog, start to write on it and make relevant posts. Make sure to promote your content on various social media platforms to get a better visibility. Gain more followers and attract more visitors.
Now that you the basics of how to start your own blog, it shouldn’t be that difficult for you to set it up and get going! Start your blogging journey now and live the life that you’ve always wanted as a successful blogger.