Bhartiya Janta Party in 2019 has been able to make a resounding victory in the general elections 2019. Proving the exit polls right, PM Narendra Modi is all set to make a comeback as the power in center. Narendra Modi led BJP has been able to retain its victory for the consecutive year which has made BJP as the second Indian political party that has made a comeback. BJP has sweep most parts of the country with “Bhagwa rang” and dedicated the victory to the people of the country. PM Narendra Modi is the third Prime Minister of India after Jawaharlal Nehru and Indira Gandhi who has been able to come into the power for the consecutive year with majority in Lok Sabha.
Major highlights of election results
BJP has been able to alone lead in 302 seats of Lok sabha out of the total 541 seats. Here are the highlights of the election results:
- BJP to form government for the second time.
- Parliamentary board meeting is scheduled for 24th May, 2019. BJP Parliamentary board includes PM Modi, BJP president Amit Shah and some senior union ministers. In the board meeting, it is expected that PM Modi will deliver a speech and the board will pass a resolution to thank the voters.
- Amethi-the stronghold of Congress is no longer in its hand. Rahul Gandhi has lost in Amethi against Smriti Irani with almost 20,000 votes.
- BSP has been able to sustain in the elections 2019 but only after forging a grand alliance with Samajwadi Party. BSP-SP alliance had competed on 78 out of 80 seats.
- Congress party is leading in 50 seats in Tamil Nadu and Kerala. This has increased the share of Congress but marginally.
- Biju Patnaik is ready to rule over Odisa for the fifth time. His party Biju Janta Dal swept around 111 seats out of 146 seats.
- BJP is leading in Arunachal Pradesh as well by 23 seats over 33 seats.
- AIADMK and Trinamool congress had also not been able to pereform well the general elections 2019. AIADMK has been able to make a win over 1 seat out of 34 while Trinamool congress has won only in 23 seats.