- The Jammu and Kashmir team secured the first position in the World Deaf Judo Championship held in Paris Versailles, France. Rakshanda Mehak, who is part of the Indian team for the deaf, won the bronze medal by defeating the South Korean team in the semi-finals. The championship was held in Versailles, France. The championship is organized by the International Committee for Sports for the Deaf.
- Indian Grandmaster P Iniyan has won the 5th Rujna Zora chess tournament held in Serbia. International Master Makarian Rudik of Russia finished second and another Indian player V S Raaghul finished third and S Nitin finished fourth. P Inian is the 16th Indian Grand Master from Erode, Tamil Nadu. His current International Chess Federation (FIDE) rating is 2556.
- Unmukt Chand has become the first Indian male cricketer to sign up for the Big Bash League as he prepares to join the Melbourne Renegades squad in the upcoming edition. The 28-year-old, who led India to the Under-19 World Cup title in 2012, has also played IPL from teams such as Delhi Daredevils, Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals. Announcing his retirement from Indian cricket in August this year, he said that he would “look for better opportunities from around the world”.
- Indian pair of Manika Batra and Archana Girish Kamath advanced to the women’s doubles final of the WTT Contenders Lasko 2021 table tennis tournament. The Indian pair defeated the Chinese pair of Liu Weishan and Wang Yidi 3-2 in the semi-finals.
Read more: Who Is Mirabai Chanu, The Girl Who Clinched Olympic Medal For India?
- Bhaskar Bhat, who has been serving as the coach of the national youth team for a long time, is set to become the head coach of senior women’s boxing ahead of the World Championships, while the Olympic bronze-medallist Lovlina Borgohain will remain a direct selection despite the request for a trial by national gold-winner Arundhati Choudhary. The request for trial was rejected. Boxing Federation of India (BFI) general secretary Hemant Kalita told PTI that the decision to give direct entry to Lovlina in the 70kg category will not be reconsidered. Earlier, Arundhati had issued an open letter demanding a trial citing the “need to maintain the fairness of the game and prove every time”.
- Pakistan wicket-keeper batsman Mohammad Rizwan set a world record against Scotland in the ICC T20 World Cup 2021 Super 12 Group 2 match. Rizwan became the highest run-scorer in T20 cricket in a calendar year. In the match played in Sharjah, Rizwan broke the record of West Indies opener Chris Gayle and set a new record in the T20 format of cricket. Pakistan has won all their matches at the group level in the ongoing World Cup and has cleared the way to the semi-finals where they will face Australia.
- Novak Djokovic beat American unseeded Taylor Fritz with 6-4, 6-3 and entered the semi-finals of the Paris Masters Tennis and now eyeing a record sixth title. If Djokovic wins, it will also be his 37th Masters title. Currently, he and 20-time Grand Slam winner Rafael Nadal have 36 Masters titles.
You may also like: 4 Reasons Why Novak Djokovic Is The Player Of This Decade
- The Indian journey in the Hylo Open Super 500 badminton tournament is over. Kidambi Srikanth and Lakshya Sen had to face defeat in the semi-finals held on Saturday. Where sixth seed Srikanth was defeated by Malaysia’s Li Ji Jia 21-19, 22-20. On the other hand, Lakshya ranked 21st in the world rankings, was defeated by Loh Kean Yew of Singapore 21-18, 21-12. Other than Srikkanth-Laksh, the performance of the rest of the Indian players in this tournament was very disappointing.
- Team India’s chance of winning the T20 World Cup 2021 has come to an end. New Zealand has defeated Afghanistan in a crucial match played on Sunday, with this New Zealand has become the fourth team to reach the semi-finals. If Afghanistan had won in this match, then there could have been a chance for Team India. But now the journey of the Indian team ended in this World Cup and the match against Namibia to be held on Monday is merely a formality.
- The World Cup has now reached its last round, the last four teams have been selected for the semi-finals. Team India’s journey came to an end after New Zealand’s victory over Afghanistan on Sunday. The teams that have reached the semi-finals of the T20 World Cup include Pakistan, New Zealand, Australia and England. Now the semi-finals will be played on November 10, November 11 and then the final will be played on November 14.