Right before the release of Star Wars, The Rise of Skywalker, the director and co-writer of the movie, JJ Abraham, answered the questions asked by the public who were more excited to hear from him. When in 2005 Star Wars was released, it was not known that it would become one of the biggest movies on the biggest screen. The Rise of Skywalker is now released and has marked the end of Disney’s sequel trilogy. The sequel trilogy started in 2015 and now the director is set to close not only the ongoing narrative but the complete Skywalker Saga. The Rise of Skywalker has fulfilled the promise of delivering a cohesive and satisfying conclusion to a nine movie.
The Rise of Skywalker raises the question of its own
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, the two hours twenty minutes long movie raises questions of its own. Many Star War fans were left unanswered at the end of the movie. So, here are some of the questions that fans have after watching The Rise of Skywalker.
- How did Palpatine return back?
When the first footage of The Rise of Skywalker was debuted, Palpatine’s return was teased back. Well, with the release of more trailers, it became clear that Palpatine would return. He was living in the unknown regions- the hidden world of the Sith. But, it is a surprise how did he get there?
- Why is BB-8 now with Rey?
It was one of the most heartwarming moments when BB-8 and Poe are united. However, at the end of the Force Awakens, Rey gets on a separate way to the resistance where she is accompanied by a rotund droid.
- Who are exactly Rey’s parents?
It was shown in the movie that Rey is the granddaughter of Palpatine. However, the nameless parents of Rey are glossed so quickly in the movie that if you don’t pay close attention then you will definitely miss.
- When did Luke go on a mission with Lando?
It was Poe and Finn who discovered that Palpatine has returned. While they were trying to find and defeat him, Rey recalls something which she deciphered: a Sith Artefact.
- How does Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber get fixed?
The lightsaber which was perfectly fine at the beginning of Skywalker was cracked into half at the end of ‘the last Jedi’. It appeared that the kyber crystal was cracked. This crystal is believed to give power to the saber.
- What was Finn going to tell Rey?
Finn was about to share something with Rey when they both were sinking into the quicksand. They were then swallowed whole and they came through the other side. However, after this Finn said nothing to Rey. It was felt that Finn had strong feelings for Rey.
Some other questions that rose after watching The Rise of Skywalker include:
- How did Maz Kanata ever wind up with Luke’s lightsaber?
- Was Snoke a clone?
- Why was Luke looking for Exegol?
- Who did Kylo Ren murder in his opening scene?
- How did Luke and Leia know Rey was a Palpatine?
- Who has been looking after the emperor all this time?
- Who were the knights of Ren?
- What happened between Palpatine and his son?
- Who are Jannah’s parents?
- Where the fudge is Baby Yoda?
- Did the emperor have a plan for the spare spokes?
- What has the Final Order been doing all this time?
- How did Palpatine survive that fall at the end of “Return of the Jedi”?
- Why were Kylo Ren and Rey able to save each other using the Force?