In the last 24 hour, 100636 cases of COVID-19 were reported in the country. This figure is the lowest in the last 62 days. Earlier on April 5, the corona report of 96,563 people came positive. Yesterday, 2,427 people have succumbed to infection.
After about 45 days in the country, the daily death toll has come down to 2500. On the positive side 1 lakh, 73 thousand 831 people defeated Corona on the previous day. In this way, a fall of 75,151 was recorded in the number of active cases.
- West Bengal’s 10th and 12th board exams have been cancelled. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee gave this information on Monday.
- The positivity rate in Delhi has come down to 0.50%. It had gone up to 32% during the peak of the second wave. Now there are only 5,889 active cases in Delhi.
- Lockdown in Uttarakhand has been extended for another week with some relaxations. The curfew will remain in force till June 15.
- Lockdown in Kerala has also been extended till June 16.
- PM Modi said in his address to the nation that the Union will be responsible for the procurement of vaccines and distribution to the states free of cost.
Also read: What Is Long-COVID? What Are Its Symptoms?
- Besides, PM also said that private hospitals can charge only up to 150 rupees as service charge above the base price.
- Unlock has been started in Delhi.Markets will open on an odd-even basis from Monday. Private offices are also reopening and the Delhi Metro will resume its service with 50 per cent capacity.
- Restaurants, gyms, salons, public grounds and other commercial establishments reopened after nearly two months on Monday in Mumbai. Bus services are also set to resume in the city.
Corona at a glance in India (data taken from mygov.in)
Total new cases came in last 24 hours: 1,00,636
Total deaths in last 24 hours: 2427
Total recovered patients in last 24 hours: 1,74,399
Total people infected so far: 2,89,09,975
Recovered till now: 2,71,59,180
Total deaths so far: 3,49,186
Total active cases: 14,01,609
Total jabs given so far: 23,27,86,482