The fund-raising event for the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute, popularly known as Met Gala, takes place every year in New York. Although this event could not take place in the year 2020 due to the Corona pandemic, this year the event has been organized. The celebrities never failed to surprise us with their bizarre fashion statement in this event. The Met Gala 2021 has been organized in a grand manner in New York.
Global celebrities flaunted their glamour on this special occasion. On the pink carpet of the Met Gala, these actresses caught the attention of people from all over the world with their quirky fashion style. Here are the highlights of this year’s event.
- Kim Kardashian surprised everyone with her outfit at the Met Gala 2021. Talking about Kim Kardashian, she was seen in a head to toe black outfit from the brand Balenciaga. Seeing her bizarre sartorial sense, many memes are becoming viral on Twitter about Kim. Kim is being described as the Dementer, who is seen in the Harry Potter films.
- Gigi Hadid for the first time after becoming a mother appeared at the Met Gala 2021. During the event, she wore an off white gown.
- In Met Gala 2021, Justin Bieber arrived at the event with his wife Hailey Bieber.
- This time Hollywood’s pop queen Madonna’s daughter Lourdes Leon also made headlines. The 24-year-old model walked the red carpet, at first, her dress caught the attention and then pictures of her showing off unshaved armpit hair went viral all over the world.
Madonna's Daughter Lourdes Leon Shows Skin and Armpit Hair in Sparkly Bra Top for 2021 Met Gala Debut pic.twitter.com/gNLtueqygJ— People (@people) September 14, 2021
- This time the only Indian who participated in the event was Sudha Reddy. Sudha Reddy’s dress for this special day has been designed by a pair of fashion designers Falguni and Shane Peacock. Sudha Reddy is the wife of Hyderabad-based billionaire businessman Megh Krishna Reddy. Sudha is also known for doing social service.
- Jennifer Lopez grabbed eyeballs in an embroidered long western dress by Ralph Lauren.
- Billie Eilish also caught the attention when she posed in an elaborate custom Oscar de la Rentagown.
- Megan Fox turned heads with pinup-style bangs and a bold plunging v-neck Dundas dress.
- Karlie Kloss wore a scarlet Carolina Herrera gown with subtle structural details.
- This time Ella Emhoff, who is the stepdaughter of Vice President Kamala Harris, also caught attention in an all-red Adidas dress designed by Stella McCartney.
- Tennis champion Naomi Osaka brought her Japanese and Haitian background together in an ensemble by Louis Vuitton. She appeared in a dress with ruffled sleeves and the red obi around her tulip skirt which reminded traditional kimono tie.
- Political figures also showed up in the event. New York Congresswoman Carolyn B. Maloney wore a dress on which “equal rights for women” was written.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez caught the eyeballs in a white off-the-shoulder gown on which “Tax the Rich” was written.