In the past 24 hours more than 2 lakh 61 thousand new cases have been found in the country, at the same time more than 1 lakh 60 thousand people have also been cured. During the last 24 hours, 392 people succumbed to the viral infection. Now the total active cases in the country have crossed 18 lakhs.
On the fifth consecutive day in Delhi, there was a decline in the daily cases, while in Mumbai 193 cases were found more as compared to Monday. However, the concern has been increased by Maharashtra and Karnataka, where cases have increased again. In Maharashtra, new cases have increased by 26% in the last 24 hours. On Tuesday, 39,207 new COVID cases were found, while 38,824 people got cured. 53 deaths were also recorded during this period, which is the highest death toll in a single day in the third wave.
The positivity rate of corona in Karnataka has crossed 22%. On Tuesday, more than 41 thousand new cases were registered in the state during the last 24 hours. Delhi has reported 11,684 new Covid cases and 38 deaths in the last 24 hours. The positivity rate during this period stood at 22.47%.
- The central government has made some changes in its guidelines related to the treatment of corona. In the new guidelines, doctors have been advised to avoid giving steroids to the patient. This increases the risk of getting other infections like black fungus. According to the new guidelines, if steroids are given too quickly and in high doses or for a long time, it can also lead to other serious diseases in patients.
- Since January 10, more than 50 lakh elderly people, healthcare and frontline workers have been administered precocious doses in the country. Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya gave this information on Tuesday.
- World Health Organization (WHO) said that despite the increasing cases of coronavirus in India, there is no need to impose a complete lockdown at the moment. WHO’s representative in India, Rodrico H. Ofrin, says that in a country like India, steps like imposing full lockdown and banning travel to prevent the spread of corona can harm.
- Puducherry Education Minister A Namasviyam announced the closure of all schools and colleges in the Union Territory till 31 January 2022 in view of the coronavirus situation.
- Noting the decline in the number of corona tests in several states and union territories, the central government on Monday asked them to increase the number of tests so that the spread of the virus can be effectively monitored and citizen-centric action can be initiated immediately.
- The ever-increasing cases of corona infection in Uttarakhand have raised the concerns of the health department. There has been a corona surge found in LBSNAA Mussorie. 84 trainee IAS officers and employees of Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration have been found to be COVID positive together.
- After the introduction of an inoculation drive for 15-17-year-old children in the country, now 12-14-year-old children will also be given the corona vaccine. According to Dr. NK Arora, Chief of the National Technical Advisory Group on Immunization (NTAGI) on COVID-19, these children will get the vaccine from March.
- The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights has informed the Supreme Court that since April 2020, 1 lakh 47 thousand 492 children of the country have lost one or both of their parents due to corona and other reasons. This includes 76,508 boys, 70,980 girls and 4 transgender children.
- According to scientists, the plant Rhododendron arboreum can help us fight the coronavirus. A substance called phytochemicals present in the petals of its flowers prevents the corona from multiplying. This chemical has some such anti-viral properties, due to which the virus cannot survive in front of them.
Corona at a glance in India (data taken from the last update on mygov.in) :
- Total new cases came in last 24 hours: 2,38,018
- Total deaths in last 24 hours: 310
- Total recovered patients in last 24 hours: 1,57,421
- Total people infected so far: 3,76,18,271
- Recovered till now: 3,53,94,882
- Total deaths so far: 4,86,761
- Total active cases: 17,36,628
- Total jabs given so far: 1,58,04,41,770