The second wave of corona in the country is becoming more and more lethal. Corona was confirmed in a record of 3,49,691 people on Saturday. So far, this figure is the highest number of infections found on a single day. It was the fourth consecutive day when more than 3 lakh infected people have been identified in the country.
- The lockdown in Delhi has been extended for a week. Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Sunday that the lockdown would remain in force till 5 am next Monday (May 3). He said that lockdown is the last weapon against infection. Earlier, the lockdown started in Delhi from 10 pm on 19 April, which was to remain in force till 5 am on 26 April.
- Havoc of corona continues in Madhya Pradesh. Monitoring the situation. Lockdown continues to increase in 7 cities of MP. On Sunday, the lockdown has been extended till 6 am on May 3 in Bhopal, Khargone and Chhindwara. Whereas, the lockdown has been extended till 6 am on May 1 in Ratlam, Sagar, Guna and Jabalpur. These 4 cities are already under the weekend lockdown, which means the lockdown here also remains in force till May 3 morning.
- The number of active cases in the country has crossed 26 lakh. At present, there are 26,82,751 patients in the country who are undergoing treatment. On, Saturday it registered an increase of 1,29,811 patients.
- Amid the rising cases of Corona, the Government of Himachal Pradesh has decided to impose a night curfew in 4 districts.These four districts are Kangra, Una, Solan and Sirmaur. There will be a night curfew from April 27 to May 10 from 10 am to 5 am. This decision has been taken in a meeting, which was presided over by Chief Minister Jairam Thakur.
- Corona figures in the country may have seen a lot of growth, but in terms of population, India is in very good condition right now. In terms of cases commensurately to population, India is at number 119 in the world.
- According to the data, 11,936 people are found infected and 136 people are dying in every 1 million population in India. In the same population, 98,000 people are found infected in Bahrain, 96,000 in Bahrain, 91,000 in Israel, 83,000 in France, 82,000 in Belgium, 74,000 in Spain and 66,000 in Brazil.
Also read: Covishield & Blood Clots: Do we need to worry about this?
The situation in worst-hit states:
67,160 people were found infected here on Saturday. 63,818 people recovered and 676 died. So far, 42, 28, 836 people have been affected by the virus in the state. Of these 34,68,610 people have been cured, while 63,928 people have died. 6,94,480 patients are currently being treated.
On Saturday, 37,944 people were found infected. 23,231 people recovered and 222 people died. So far, 10,51,314 people have been infected in the state.Of these, 7, 52,211 people have been cured, while 10,959 patients died. 2,88,144 patients are undergoing treatment.
In the country’s capital Delhi, 22,695 people were found corona positive on Saturday. 23,572 people recovered and 357 died. So far, 10,04,782 people have been infected. Of these, 8,97,804 people have been cured, while 13,898 patients have died. There are 93,080 patients who are undergoing treatment.
Corona at a glance in India (data taken from mygov.in)
Total new cases came in last 24 hours: 3,49,691
Total deaths in last 24 hours: 2767
Total recovered in last 24 hours: 2,17,113
Total infected so far: 1,69,60,172
Recovered till now: 1,40,85,110
Total deaths so far: 1,92,311
Total active cases: 26,82,751
Total people vaccinated so far: 14,09,16,417
Also read: Big Announcement: Indian Govt. Has Opened Door For Vaccination Of People Above 18