In the second wave of Corona, the situation of India is deteriorating day by day. Every other day, record cases are coming. For the first time on Wednesday, 3,79, 164 new positive cases were confirmed in a day. So far, this is the highest number of new patients that emerged within a day. Earlier, on April 27, 3.62 lakh patients were tested positive.
Besides, 3,646 people died due to corona within 24 hours. This was the second consecutive day when more than 3 thousand people have died in a single day. Earlier on Tuesday, 3286 deaths were recorded.
Active patients cross the 30 lakh mark
Amidst the crisis of beds, oxygen, medicines and ventilator in hospitals, active cases of corona are increasing every day. As of now, 30,84,814 patients in the country are undergoing treatment. In terms of active cases, India is in the second spot in the world. The US has the highest number of active cases at 6.8 million.
More than 1.5 million people have recovered
However, there is a good news in terms of recovery. The number of people who have been cured of the infection has crossed 1.5 million in India. If we look at the data for the last 24 hours, 2,69,507 lakh people have been recovered. The recovery figure is also the highest so far. Overall recovery rate has increased by 1.8%.
Also read: Know, Why The Government Is Advising To Wear Mask At Home?
- Maharashtra deferred the vaccination of people above 18. The reason for this is being attributed to the paucity of vaccines. The BMC issued a statement that due to lack of stock, vaccination of people above the age of 18 years may also be delayed.
- The Maharashtra government has announced to further increase the restrictions imposed in the state. The Maharashtra government has extended the restrictions till May 15.
- Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan said, ‘Our biggest weapon is COVID compliant behaviour’. There is no weapon bigger than a mask. Do whatever you want, but don’t forget to behave in COVID appropriate manner. People must not forget the distance of 6 feet. People must take a test if feeling any symptoms.
- The UP government has taken a big decision citing the increasing cases of Corona. The weekly lockdown period will be increased in the state. Now there will be a lockdown from 8 pm on Friday to 7 am on Tuesday.
- In Jharkhand, from May 1, people between 18 and 45 years old will not be able to get the vaccine. Jharkhand has ordered 25 lakh vaccines each from Bharat Biotech and Serum, but the vaccine manufacturers have shown their incapacity in providing vaccine within time.
- The Uttarakhand government has postponed the Chardham Yatra. Uttarakhand Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat shared this information. The Chardham Yatra is now called off for people.
- In Rajasthan also cases of corona infection are increasing rapidly. Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot himself contracted the infection. CM himself has informed this on social media.
Corona at a glance in India (data taken from mygov.in)
Total new cases came in last 24 hours: 3,79,257
Total deaths in last 24 hours: 3,645
Total recovered in last 24 hours: 2,69,507
Total infected so far: Recovered till now: 1,83,76,524
Total deaths so far: 2,04,832
Total active cases:30,84,814
Total people vaccinated so far: 15,00,20,648
Also read: The Whole “Oxygen” Fiasco Explained (Covid Update)