Regarding, the coronavirus situation in the country, there is some silver lining for the country. However, the bad news is that the number of corona patients in the country has crossed 2 crores.
The good news is that for the first time in India, a record 3.2 lakh people have been recovered within a day. The positive news is that the number of new cases has declined for the third consecutive day. Within the last 24 hours, 3,57,229 people have been found infected in the country. There has been a steady decline in new numbers of patients since 30 April.
On April 30, a record 4.02 lakh patients were found in a single day. Comparing this week with the previous week, there has been an increase of 15% cases during this period.
A surge in the number of deaths
In the last 24 hours, 3449 people died due to infection in the country. This was the 6th day in a row when more than 3 thousand people have lost their lives. Looking at the data for the whole week, the number of deaths has increased by 41% this week. In the nation’s capital, every 3rd infected person is losing his life.
- Bihar has decided to impose a lockdown to break the chain of infection. Bihar has become the seventh state that imposes lockdown. CM Nitish Kumar had a meeting on Tuesday with ministers and officials. Today the government announced the decision to impose a total lockdown by 15 May.
- Amid growing transmission in Delhi, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has announced financial assistance along with free ration for the people of Delhi. Kejriwal said on Tuesday that the Delhi government will provide free ration to 72 lakh cardholders for two months. Apart from this, financial assistance of 5 thousand rupees will be given separately to the auto-rickshaw pullers.
- 5 new corona strains have been found in Nagpur, Maharashtra. According to the report from Delhi, these strains were found in 35 samples. Samples of suspected patients from Nagpur’s Indira Gandhi Medical College and Nagpur Medical College were sent to Pune and Delhi for examination. 35 out of 74 samples found 5 mutations.
- Union Joint Secretary of Health Luv Agarwal said that there is another positive trend in the country. The recovery rate is continuously increasing. On 2 May it was 78% which increased to 82% on 3 May. We are planning to use industrial oxygen for medical purpose. We are also talking to states about this. Work is now underway on the 1050 PSA Oxygen Plant in the country. COVID centres will be built near the oxygen plant.
- The leaders of 13 opposition parties have issued a joint statement. It has appealed to the government to start free vaccination drives across the country on a large scale. Leaders say that the second wave of Corona is becoming very fatal. Only vaccination can prevent people from dying.
- For the first time in the country, there has been a case of 8 lions being corona positive. All these Asiatic lions infected with COVID-19 belong to the Nehru Zoological Park of Hyderabad.
Corona at a glance in India (data taken from mygov.in)
Total new cases came in last 24 hours: 3,57,229
Total deaths in last 24 hours: 3,449
Total recovered in last 24 hours: 3,20,289
Total infected so far: Recovered till now: 2,02,82,833
Total deaths so far: 2,22,408
Total active cases: 34,47,133
Total people vaccinated so far: 15,89,32,921