Indian cricketer Mithali Raj has become the highest run-scorer in the Women’s One Day International during the third ODI against England when she scored 75 runs not out. Mithali broke the humongous record of 10,273 runs, hitherto held by Charlotte Edwards of England. Mithali’s cricket journey, who debuted in 1999 at the age of 16, has been full of records. In this article we will throw light on her achievements.
- Mithali scored a century in her debut match against Ireland. After this, she broke and made many records in a cricketing career of 21 years.
- Talking about the cricket career of both men’s and women’s categories of India, then her cricketing career is the highest after Sachin Tendulkar. Sachin’s cricketing career spanned over 24 years.
- Mithali scored a century at the age of 16 years and 205 days. She is the youngest player to score a century in international cricket.
- On 12 July 2017, she became the highest run-scorer for the Indian women’s team in an ODI against Australia in the Bristol ODI.
- She is also the first bats woman to score 6000 runs in women’s cricket overall.
- On March 12, 2021, she made another record in the ODI against South Africa in Lucknow. She became the second batswoman to score 10,000 runs in Women’s International Cricket ODI.
- On March 14, 2021, Mithali became the first player in women’s cricket to score 7000 runs in just ODIs. She made this record in ODIs against South Africa.
Also read: Cricketer Yuzvendra Chahal Ties Knot With YouTuber And Choreographer Dhanshree Verma
- Mithali also broke Belinda Clarke’s record of 83 ODI wins as captain after winning the third ODI against England. Mithali has scored 2924 runs against England. This is the most runs in women’s cricket by a single player against a team. Mithali has scored these runs in 81 innings. This includes 25 fifty and 1 century.
- Mithali had scored 935 runs in international cricket in 2018. This is his most runs in a calendar year. Most of these runs she scored in T20. In T20, she scored 575 runs in 19 innings. This includes 7 fifties. Apart from this, 360 runs were scored in 11 ODIs.
Shooting of Mithali Raj’s biopic ‘Shabash Mithu’ has started in April. Bollywood actress Taapsee Pannu informed about starting the shooting of this film. The actress shared a photo on Instagram and gave a glimpse of the shooting. A biopic has also been made on former Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, which was very successful at the box office.
You may also like: Know Your Olympian: PV Sindhu