The achievements Priyanka Chopra Jonas has got are nothing new and the country is proud of her. However not many fans know some inside secrets of her life.
- She was not the confident bubbly girl we see today always. Back in school time, she used to be an under confident child with low self esteem. She had also suffered bouts of racism in school while in the US and had to quit one of them due to the same reason.
- Priyanka did make her debut in the film industry in Bollywood. Her first stint was actually a Tamil movie named “Thamizhanin”, which released in 2002.
- Priyanka Chopra was slated to play the lead role in the movie Umrao Jaan. However due to her packed schedule and blocked dates, the role was taken over by Aishwarya Rai.
- After she bagged the Miss World award, and much before she entered Bollywood, she featured in the song by Daler Mehndi called Sajan Mere Satrangiya at the age of 17.
- We all consider Priyanka one of the ideals when it comes to a fit and toned body. However, Priyanka has admitted on record that she has been blessed with skinny genes, and never resists her sweet-tooth pangs or pizza cravings. In an interview , she once revealed how she always carries candy in her purse.
- Priyanka Chopra’s fan base is huge and not just restricted to India. In an interview, Hollywood actor Ryan Reynolds was all praise for her, and said, ” I have not seen her show (‘Quantico’) but I’ve seen her interviews and she is charming, funny, and smart. She’s got a huge following and is doing great. I would love to work with her. I can see why she is a big star.”
- Not many are aware of the fact that Priyanka Chopra owns a production company named Purple Pebble Productions, along with her mother, Dr. Madhu Chopra.
- Apart from being a actor and singer, she is also a writer. In 2009, Chopra started writing an opinion column, “The Priyanka Chopra Column,” for the renowned daily Hindustan Times in which she wrote about a relationships, her life experiences, and advice.