Here are the important weekly sports update
- The prize money for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, which starts in Australia on October 16, has been announced. This time the world champion gets his 1.6 million US Dollars. At the same time the runner-up he will receive 0.8 million USD. According to the ICC, the tournament will award a total prize pool of USD 5.6 million.
Read more: India’s update: Top 10 National News Of This Week
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi hosted the 36th National Games at Narendra Modi stadium of on September 29. Over 6500 players from 36 states and territories participate in these games. The national tournament came back after about 7 years, 7 months and 29 days. In early 2015, the 35th National Games were held in Kerala. There are 15 sporting events on Friday. However, before the games started, table tennis, kabaddi and tennis events started. Most matches will be held in Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar.
- India will host his first Moto Grand Prix (Moto GP) World Championship race next year at the Buddha International Circuit in Greater Noida. It will be called “Grand Prix Bharat”. Dorna, owner of the commercial rights to Moto Grand Prix and Noida-based race promoter Fair Street Sports, signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on Wednesday to host India’s premier two-wheeler racing event for the next seven years.
- The India legends, who won the inaugural Road Safety World Series last year after beating Sri Lanka in the final, have won over Australia in Semi-final. Naman Ojha hit seven 4s and five 6s on the undefeated 62-ball and Irfan, who changed the match for India Legends, hit 4 6s and 2 4s on 12 balls. Naman and Irrfan shared a 50-run, 22-ball partnership.
- Eight-year-old A Charvi won her U-8 girls’ title at the World Cadet Chess Championship in Batumi, Georgia on September 27. Charvi, the U-8 and her U-10 national champion, was in trouble after losing in seven rounds. But she bounced back in style to win the title with a better tie-breaking score after she and British champion Bodhana Sivanandan of Indian descent finished on 9.5 points. Another Indian in the fight, Samhita Pungavanam, finished with 7.5 points.
- On Wednesday, the ICC released its rankings for all three formats. Suryakumar Yadav, who showed a brilliant batting performance against Australia, was second with 801 points. Babar Azam is currently in 3rd place with 799 points. Mohammad Rizwan remains number one with his 861 points. Apart from Surya, there are no other Indian hitters in the top ten.
Read more: Ultimate Kho Kho Season 1 Memorable Moments
- FIFA World Cup organizers expect more than one million people to flock to Doha to watch the game. Football governing body FIFA said the event was a sign that the world was recovering from a devastating pandemic. brought fans a big night of his cup. COVID is said to be non-essential for fans visiting Qatar. The health ministry says players and match officials could be forced to stay in a ‘biobubble’ if Covid-19 cases resurface. Apart from that, those who break the rules may be kicked out of the tournament.
- Team India beat Australia by six wickets in his third T20 international. India won the series of three games with 2-1. Rohit Sharma’s team defeated Australia in the T20 series at their home for the first time in nine years. Team India has failed to beat Kangaroo in the T20 series since his 2013. A one-match series was played that year which India won. At the same time, the 2017/18 series was a 1–1 draw for, while Australia won her 2018/19 series 2–0.
- Roger Federer of Switzerland, one of the greatest tennis players of all time, has said goodbye to the tennis court. Earlier this month, he announced his retirement. Most recently, he played in his Cup match against Laver on Friday night. After the match, he cried and said goodbye to tennis.
- Jhulan Goswami, popularly known as Chakda Express, played her final match against England on Saturday. After a long Career, she bids adieu to the cricket. Today, she holds the position of fastest bowler and most wicket taker in the world. She made her international debut on January 6, 2002. In her 19-year career, Jhulan has appeared in his 283 games. She has 355 wickets in her name.