The COVID-19 cases in the country are continuously falling. On Friday, 60,753 new infections were identified. At the same time, 97,743 patients defeated corona and get recovered. However, 1,647 people succumbed to COVID-19. The number of active cases in the country reached below 8 lakhs. On the brighter side, less than 500 new cases were reported in 22 states and union territories of the country.
- Telangana government has decided to completely lift the lockdown in the state. The decision was taken in the cabinet meeting. In this way, Telangana has become the first state in the country, which has announced to remove the lockdown completely. With this, there will be no restrictions of any kind in the state. Schools will also be opened here from July 1.
- The Punjab government has decided to cancel examinations of Class 12th due to the COVID pandemic. Punjab School Education Board would declare the results as per the pattern of the CBSE.
- Union Health Secretary Ajay Bhalla has written a letter to the Chief Secretaries of all the states instructing them to strictly follow the Corona protocol. He has said that there should be no laxity in the strategy of test-track-treat-vaccination.
- Coronavirus has been confirmed in 4 lions at Arignar Anna Zoo in Vandalur, Tamil Nadu. Among these, the delta variant responsible for the second wave has been found. According to a statement issued by the zoo on Friday, genome sequencing of samples taken from infected lions revealed that the delta variant is present in them.
- Joint Secretary Health Luv Aggarwal said that more than 22 crore people have received the first dose of the corona vaccine and more than 5 crore second doses have been administered.
- NITI Aayog member Dr. VK Paul told that Corona variants will keep coming and increasing. There will be no change in the formula to control it. We should be prepared to avoid it before the new variant arrives.
- Sports legend Milkha Singh passed away on Friday night after a month-long battle with the COVID-19. Former national volleyball captain and his wife, Nirmal Kaur had succumbed to the infection earlier this week.
- AIIMS Director Randeep Guleria said, “If COVID appropriate behaviour is not followed and crowding not prevented, the next wave of the viral infection can strike the country in the next six to eight weeks.”
Corona at a glance in India (data taken from mygov.in)
Total new cases came in last 24 hours: 60,753
Total deaths in last 24 hours: 1,647
Total recovered patients in last 24 hours: 97,743
Total people infected so far: 2,98,23,546
Recovered till now: 2,86,78,390
Total deaths so far: 3,85,137
Total active cases: 7,60,019
Total jabs given so far: 27,23,88,783