As per the new study which was published in The New England Journal of Medicine, under the name of “Coffee Caffeine and Health”, drinking coffee has tendency of reducing the risk of many diseases including heart disease, type 2 diabetes, depression, liver cancer, melanoma and even prostate cancer. Apart from this, coffee can even reduce the suicidal tendencies.
Coffee consumption can reduce death rate
Lot many studies have been conducted on coffee around the world, and all of them have revealed that drinking 5 to 6 cups of coffee which makes approx. 400 mg of caffeine in a day can reduce the death rate. According to a study, those who drink 3 to 5 cups of coffee in a day for them the risk of dying at an early age was actually reduced by 15%. Even the risk of suicide can be reduced by 50 percent in men as well as in women who consume coffee, because coffee helps in increasing production of chemicals in brain that have antidepressant effects. These studies were conducted on around 200,000 people for over several years.
Death risk reduces by 10 years
Another study which was done in Britain has unveiled that the risk of death among coffee drinkers is reduced by about 10 years. This study was done on about five lakh people. Alice Lichtenstein, a nutrition expert in Tufts University, says that drinking coffee can keep you juvenescent.
Benefits of coffee
- In a study done by a researcher, Erica Loft Field, at the National Cancer School of America, it was unearthed that if we consume 4 to 5 cups i.e. 400 mg of coffee in 24 hours, then it has many benefits. More than a thousand chemical compounds are present in coffee, which contain antioxidants. And these antioxidants protect cells and also help to be happy. Coffee’s antioxidants helps you to be happy. The risk of depression is reduced, which ultimately reduces the risk of suicide by up to 50%.
- No matter whether it is a regular coffee or a decaf one, but both seem to have protective effect on our liver. Advantages of caffeine consumption can be understood by the research which revealed that coffee drinkers more likely have liver enzyme levels within a healthy range than those people who aren’t fond of coffee.
- In case of women, drinking one cup of coffee a day can help lowering stroke risk, which is itself fourth leading cause for female deaths.
- Researchers discovered that women age 65 and older who drank two to three cups of coffee a day were less likely to develop dementia in general.
- Both regular and decaf coffee seem to have a protective effect on your liver.
- The risk of prostate cancer is reduced by 9%
- The risk of advanced cancer is reduced by 12%
- It also Controls cholesterol
- 20% effective in weight loss
- The risk of type 2 diabetes is reduced by 50%
- Reduces risk of heart disease by 16%
You may also like: 5 DIY Ideas To Make Fat Burning Drinks At Home