On Friday, more than 2 lakh 35 thousand new corona cases were found in the country. During this duration, 3.35 lakh people were cured, while 871 people died.
Compared to the previous day, 15,677 fewer infection have been found, that is, a decrease of 6% has been seen in new cases. The positivity rate came down to 13.39% on Friday. A day before this, the positivity rate was 15.88%. For the last 8 days, there is a steady fall in new cases. During the third wave, on January 20, the maximum number of 3.47 lakh new cases were found in a single day.
- Delhi Disaster Management Authority, after a review meeting, has decided to remove the weekend curfew from Delhi. The decision on the opening of schools will be decided in the next meeting. Apart from this, the odd-even formula for the market and shops will also be lifted.
- DDMA has given instructions to open theatres-bars and restaurants with 50% capacity. Apart from this, 200 people will be able to attend the wedding ceremony. At the same time, government offices will also open with 50% capacity.
- Night curfew will be removed in Karnataka after January 31. Along with this, the restriction of 50% capacity on hotels, bars and pubs will also be removed. Offline studies will start in all schools in Bangalore from Monday
- In Haryana, universities, colleges and schools from class 10 to 12 will be opened from February 1. At the same time, theatres have been allowed to open with 50% capacity.
- Night curfew has been extended in Gujarat on 4 February. Night curfew will be in force from 10 pm to 6 am. At the same time, hotels and restaurants will be allowed to continue home delivery service 24 hours a day.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar’s corona test report has come positive. While tweeting, he has appealed to all the people who came in contact to get the test done.
- All schools in Tamil Nadu will be opened from February 1. On January 31, the duration of the ban is coming to an end.
- The Haryana government on Wednesday announced to extend the corona ban till February 10. Under the order, shopping malls and markets have been allowed to open till 7 pm. Earlier this permission was given till 6 pm.
- India’s apex drug regulator DCGI has granted regular market approval for Covid-19 vaccines COVISHIELD and COVAXIN for use in the adults. The vaccines is likely to be capped at Rs 275 per dose with an additional service charge of Rs 150, according to reports.
- 95% of eligible population have been vaccinated with the first dose of Covid-19 vaccine. According to the Health Ministry, so far 1,63,84,39,207 doses of the vaccine have been administered in the country.
- On Thursday, the Ministry of Home Affairs announced that COVID containment measures have been extended till Feb 28.
Corona at a glance in India (data taken from the last update on mygov.in) :
- Total new cases came in last 24 hours: 2,35,532
- Total deaths in last 24 hours: 871
- Total recovered patients in last 24 hours: 3,35,939
- Total people infected so far: 4,08,58,241
- Recovered till now: 3,83,60,710
- Total deaths so far: 4,93,198
- Total active cases: 20,04,333
- Total jabs given so far: 1,65,04,87,260