Corona cases are rising once again continuously in the country. Yesterday, 40,134 new patients were found, in contrast, 36,946 defeated COVID-19 and 422 people lost their lives. In India the number of active cases gone up to 413718. More than 40 thousand new cases have come for the sixth consecutive day.
Between July and August, 12.37 lakh cases were registered in the country. During this 13.08 lakh patients were cured and 24,259 died. In July, the maximum number of cases were registered in the second week i.e. during July 7-14.
Meanwhile, researchers have warned that this sudden rise in cases may turn into a small wave of the corona. As per calculated speculations, the third wave will start in August and reach its peak in October. According to a study conducted in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad and IIT Kanpur. If the situation remains under control, then less than one lakh cases will come in a day and in the worst case, more than 1.5 lakh cases will be registered in a day.
- There are restrictions like complete lockdown in 8 states of the country. These include West Bengal, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Mizoram, Goa and Puducherry. Strict restrictions have been imposed here as in the previous lockdown.
- Delhi AIIMS chief Dr.Randeep Guleria said that the R-value of corona infection in the country has become 1, which can be a cause for concern. This value means that one covid infected person can infect any one person.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has claimed on Monday that COVAXIN is also effective on the dangerous Delta Plus variant of Corona.
- Nasal spray, which can act as a preventive barrier against corona, will soon be available in India. Indian company Glenmark Pharmaceuticals has tied up with Canadian company SaNotize Research and Development Corporation on Monday, which makes spray.
Corona at a glance in India (data taken from mygov.in)
- Total new cases came in last 24 hours:40,134
- Total deaths in last 24 hours: 422
- Total recovered patients in last 24 hours: 36,946
- Total people infected so far: 3,16,95,958
- Recovered till now: 3,08,57,467
- Total deaths so far: 4,24,773
- Total active cases: 4,13,718
- Total jabs given so far: 47,22,23,639