The central government has issued a new protocol for patients recovering from the corona. According to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, recovered patients may experience problems such as fatigue, body aches, cough, breathing difficulties.
In view of this, the Ministry has prepared the ‘Post-COVID Management Protocol’. It contains many instructions and suggestions for recovered COVID patients. The ministry has suggested that patients take a teaspoon of Chyawanprash with hot water after recovering. Apart from this, the ministry has also been asked to do yoga.
Keep these things in mind even after beating Corona
- Follow the precautions (mask, physical distancing, hand hygiene) associated with COVID.
- Drink plenty of hot water.
- Take AYUSH medicines that increase immunity.
- Take a balanced diet. Eat easy to digest food.
- Get enough sleep and rest.
- Take medicines prescribed for COVID.
- Keep monitoring at home. Keep an eye on the temperature, blood pressure, sugar, pulse oximetry.
- If there is a persistent dry cough, gargle with salt water or steam it.
- In the case of High fever, trouble in breathing, oxygen level below 95%, needless pain in the chest, discomfort, contact your doctor.
What to do after recovering, what not to do?
- If health is good, then you can do household chores. Slowly start going to the office.
- Do light exercise. Practice daily yoga asana, pranayama and meditation.
- Exercise the breath.
- If health permits, go for a walk in the morning or evening.
- Stay away from smoking and alcohol.
The patient should follow up within 7 days of being discharged. If follow-up is required after this, then the nearest doctor can be referred. The ministry has prohibited taking different types of medicines (allopathy, AYUSH). Patients who have been in home isolation should go to the hospital if their symptoms are severe.
AYUSH medicines that increase immunity( Do not take without Prescription)
- Ayush Kvath (150ml; one cup) daily.
- Sambhanmi Vati (500 mg twice a day) or Giloy Powder (with 1-3 grams of warm water) for up to 15 days.
- Ashwagandha (500 mg twice a day) or powder (1 to 3 grams daily) for 15 days.
- Amla (1 daily) or powder (1 to 3 grams daily).
- If you have a dry cough, take 1 to 3 grams of liquorice powder twice a day with warm water.
- Hot milk with half a teaspoon of turmeric (in the morning or evening).
- Gargle with light-salt water.
- A spoonful of Chyawanprash in the morning with hot water.