The threat of coronavirus is again looming at an alarming rate in India. In Maharashtra alone, 12 thousand new infections have been found in the last 24 hours. Whereas, 6,078 people have tested positive in West Bengal. The national capital has registered 4099 cases in the last 24 hours. In India, more than 35 thousand new cases have been reported in the last 24 hours. Within a week, the number of new corona patients has increased 3 fold. About 1.3 lakh new patients were tested positive this week, which is the biggest weekly figure of new patients during the last 12 weeks.
The pace of the third wave of corona in the country is much faster than the second wave. The second wave started in February last year. Then there was an increase of 0.76% in new cases in a week. Talking about the third wave, it has seen an increase of about 199% in the new case figures within a week.
- Mass infection of the corona has been found in the CRPF camp in Chhattisgarh. The test report of 38 personnel has come positive in the CRPF of Chintagufa, Bastar. All Jawans have been quarantined in the camp barrack itself.
- Seeing the sudden surge in corona cases, the central government has stopped the biometric attendance of central employees in all departments.
- Due to threats from Omicron, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has shut down schools for all classes except class 10th and 12th till January 31. Classes of these standards will be conducted online.
Also read: Why The Existing Vaccines Are Not Effective On Omicron? Do We Need A New Vaccine?
- According to the announcement of the central government, the vaccination of adolescents in the age group of 15-18 started across the country on Monday. The success of the vaccination campaign in India can be gauged from the fact that on the very first day, more than 40 lakh teens took their first jab.
- The Goa government on Monday announced the closure of schools and colleges till January 26 because of the increasing case of Corona. Presiding over the meeting of the Corona Task Force on Monday, state Chief Minister Pramod Sawant told reporters that the Goa government would continue the night curfew in the state.
Corona at a glance in India (data taken from mygov.in)
- Total new cases came in last 24 hours: 33,750
- Total deaths in last 24 hours: 123
- Total recovered patients in last 24 hours: 10,846
- Total people infected so far: 3,49,22,882
- Recovered till now: 3,42,95,407
- Total deaths so far: 4,81,893
- Total active cases: 1,45,582
- Total jabs given so far: 1,45,68,89,306
Read more: India Approves 2 New Vaccines And An Antiviral Drug; Know All About These New COVID Weapons