Shimla is one of the most popular tourist destinations for ages. People throng to the hill station in huge numbers, especially during the summer. There are many places in and around Shimla that are worth a visit.
Let us take a look at a few places around Shimla that are popularly visited –
- Mashobra – Also known as the quiet Shimla, Mashobra is a lush green place in Himachal Pradesh with very less human exposure. The scenic beauty and peace is sure to provide a very memorable experience to the tourists
- Narkanda – It is a quiet town in Himachal Pradesh. It offers the pleasure of skiing to the visitors
- Kufri – Kufri is quiet popular with tourist as it offers a breathing relief from the hot weather being covered with snow all through the year
- Chail- Chail is a hill station close to Shimla.It is known for the world’s highest cricket ground and the hotel, Chail Palace,situated in the midst of pine and deodar trees. It is also known for the famous Chail Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kausauli – Kasauli is a quiet hilly cantonment town which makes for an ideal peaceful holiday destination. It also features the famous Timber Trail which lets the tourist experience breath taking views
- Manali – Manali boasts off the Pir Panjal and the Dhauladhar ranges, and is one of the most popular hill stations in the country. It offers lush green forests, jaw-dropping views, sprawling meadows carpeted with flowers, blue streams, mist lingering in the air, and a persistent fragrance of pines and freshness. Manali offers a wide variety to the tourists,from museums to temples, , river adventures to trekking trails, from quaint little villages to busy upscale streets
- Parwanoo – Parwanoo is a place which offers both the captivating ambience of a hill station and the hustle-bustle of a city. It is situated on the border of Haryana and Himachal Pradesh.The town is famous for beautiful apple orchards and delicious fruit products
- Nahan – Nahan is a quiet little romantic getaway. It is situated among the lofty Shivalik range and has lush green fields.It also has a fossil park and tourists can enjoy trekking here.