Here are top 10 sports news of this week including Max Verstappen win, Khelo India Youth Games, Neeraj Chopra in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, and more.
- Max Verstappen, a world champion Red Bull driver, has won the United States Grand Prix championship. His 13th victory of the year sets a record. A day has passed since the passing of Hamilton, a Mercedes driver, had to be content with second place. Verstappen claimed it was a difficult race after winning the championship race.
- Following her recent victory at the W60 ITF tournament in Saguenay, Canada, Karman Kaur Thandi has risen to the top spot among Indian women’s singles tennis players. Ankita Raina is the one he left behind. The victory was Karman’s largest singles title triumph to date. She has moved up to position 217 in the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) rankings as a result of this. He has advanced 91 spots. Olympian Ankita is currently 297th after falling 13 spots.
- Madhya Pradesh will host the Khelo India Youth Games. The 5th Khelo India Youth Games will take place in eight different places across the state in January and February of 2023. At today’s Sports Awards in Delhi, Union Sports Minister Anurag Thakur presented CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan with the torch for organising the Khelo India Youth Games. 2008 marked the inaugural year of the Khelo India Youth Games. It has so far been held in Delhi, Panchkula, Pune (Maharashtra), and Guwahati (Assam) (Haryana). In the present, Madhya Pradesh will host the fifth Khelo India Youth Games.
- Jyoti Yaraji, an Indian sprinter who made history in the women’s 100-meter hurdles, was the first Indian woman to break the 13-second barrier and earn a gold medal at the 2022 National Games. While competing in the final, Jyothi Yaraji of Andhra Pradesh broke her personal best with a time of 12.79 seconds. Earlier, Jyoti Yaraji won the women’s 100m gold after defeating sprinters Lime Dutee Chand and Hima Das.
Read more: IPL Auction 2022 Highlights: 5 Major Takeaways
- Indian adolescent Donnarumma Gukesh defeated Magnus Carlsen. In the ongoing online Amches Rapids event, he has become the youngest player to defeat the global champion. In the ninth round, the white-colored 16-year-old Donnarumma upset world champion Carlsen of Norway. Gukesh, a recent Indian teenager, recently defeated Carlsen, the international chess champion since 2013. A day ago, 19-year-old compatriot Arjun Arigasi defeated the world champion for the first time. Carlsen has previously been defeated twice this year by 16-year-old R Pragyanand, another Indian kid. Gukesh, who is from India, defeated Carlsen at the early age of 16 years, 4 months, and 20 days. When Pragyananand defeated the current world no. 1, he was 16 years, 6 months, and 10 days old.
- The T20 World Cup is still going well for Team India. The Indian squad, who defeated the Netherlands by an emphatic 56 runs on Thursday after defeating Pakistan by an exciting four wickets in the first encounter. Gukesh, a recent Indian teenager, recently defeated Carlsen, the international chess champion since 2013. A day ago, 19-year-old compatriot Arjun Arigasi defeated the world champion for the first time. Carlsen has previously been defeated twice this year by 16-year-old R Pragyanand, another Indian kid. Gukesh, who is from India, defeated Carlsen at the early age of 16 years, 4 months, and 20 days. When Pragyananand defeated the current world no. 1, he was 16 years, 6 months, and 10 days old.
- The T20 World Cup is still going well for Team India. The Indian squad, who defeated the Netherlands by an emphatic 56 runs on Thursday after defeating Pakistan by an exciting four wickets in the first encounter. Indian athletes broke numerous significant records during this game. Against the Netherlands, Suryakumar Yadav hit 51 runs in only 25 balls. Surya has already surpassed all other T20 International players in terms of runs scored in 2022. He has surpassed Pakistan’s Mohammad Rizwan’s previous record. Surya has 867 runs this year from 25 games. 20 games have produced 839 runs for Rizwan.
Read more: World Update: Top 10 International News Of This Week
- Neeraj Chopra, an Olympic gold medallist in the javelin throw, is featured in the Black Panther Wakanda Forever trailer from Marvel Studios. On Friday, Marvel India unveiled the movie’s teaser. “The flight of the spear met with the might of the spear,” the franchise stated in response to the teaser. The Invincible Black Panther and Neeraj Chopra are introduced. The 46-second video opens with Neeraj racing while brandishing a spear. In the teaser, Neeraj gets roughly 30 seconds. It was seen that Neeraj was carrying the vibranium spear. One of the most potent metals in the world is a made-up substance called vibranium. It appeared in earlier Marvel films.
- The Pakistani team suffered significant setbacks during the T20 World Cup. In the game played on Thursday in Perth, they were defeated by Zimbabwe by one run. After winning the toss and choosing to bat first, Zimbabwe amassed 130 for 8 in 20 overs. Only 129 runs for 8 wickets could be scored by Pakistan’s squad in reply. Pakistan is almost eliminated from the semi-final race after this setback. India defeated Pakistan by four wickets in their opening World Cup 2022 encounter. In the T20 World Cup 2022, this is the fifth upset. Previously, the West Indies, England, and Sri Lanka teams all suffered setbacks.
- Now, the Indian women’s cricket team will receive the same match price as the men’s team. On Thursday, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Secretary, Jay Shah, made this announcement. Shah posted the following message on the BCCI’s official Twitter account: “I had pledged that BCCI would equalise the match fees of the players of the men’s and women’s cricket teams.” This is a move in the right direction. The BCCI’s central contract list now includes women’s cricket players, who will be paid the same as men’s team players.