In the last 24 hours, more than 2.7 million new corona cases have been identified in the world. While 9.55 lakh people have been cured, 7,847 people have lost their lives. In the terms of cases, the USA is at the top with 6.72 lakh patients, while France has reached number two with 3.68 lakh. At the same time, Italy is at number three with 2.20 lakh new cases.
If we talk about India, more than 1.9 lakh new cases were found in the last 24 hours. Active cases cross 9 lakh for the first time in the third wave. Presently 9.48 lakh corona infected are undergoing treatment.
- Between January 1 and 12, 1700 policemen have been found infected in the national capital.
- According to Health Ministry data, so far 4,868 cases of Omicron have been confirmed across the country. At the same time, the positivity rate was recorded at 11.05%.
- The Karnataka government has banned all types of rallies and protests in the state. At the same time, a maximum of 200 people have been allowed to attend weddings.
- All private offices and restaurant bars have been ordered to be closed in Delhi. This order will come into force with immediate effect. This decision was taken in the meeting of the Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA). However, people have been allowed to work from home.
- The National Technical Advisory Group on Immunization (NTAGI) has given a big advice on the use of the antiviral drug molanupiravir on Tuesday. NTAGI Chairman Dr. N.K. Arora said that Molnupiravir drug saves patients from hospitalization and admission to ICU. He said, however, this medicine should be for the treatment of elders only. Especially those elderly people who are already suffering from serious diseases. He advised that this drug should not be given to those of reproductive age.
- The WHO has said that repeatedly giving the COVID vaccine as a booster dose is not an effective strategy against the new variant. Instead, a new vaccine should be given, which can give better protection against infection.
- Dr. Jayaprakash Muliyil, the chairperson of the Scientific Advisory Committee of the National Institute of Epidemiology, ICMR, said that the Omicron variant cannot be stopped with a booster dose and will infect everyone.
- Defense Minister Rajnath Singh, BJP head JP Nadda, Karnataka CM Basavraj Bommai and Bollywood singer Lata Mangeshkar among other VIPs were found to be COVID positive on Monday.
- From Monday, January 10, the precautionary vaccination of elderly above 60 years with comorbidities have started. According to the Ministry of Health, there are about 11 crore elderly people above 60 years of age in the country.
Corona at a glance in India (data taken from last update on mygov.in):
- Total new cases came in last 24 hours: 1,68,063
- Total deaths in last 24 hours: 277
- Total recovered patients in last 24 hours: 69,959
- Total people infected so far: 3,58,75,790
- Recovered till now: 3,45,70,131
- Total deaths so far: 4,84,213
- Total active cases: 8,21,446
- Total jabs given so far: 1,52,89,70,294