The Indian government has set a target to vaccinate all adults by the end of the year. To make it easier for people to get vaccinated, the government has now given the facility of booking the vaccination slot on WhatsApp as well.
Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya announced on Tuesday that the vaccination slot can be booked in a few minutes through WhatsApp. Mandaviya told that the person who wants to book the vaccination slot has to send a message from his mobile to a WhatsApp number. After this, an OTP will be received in a few seconds, which will have to be followed by further steps after verifying.
How to book a slot through WhatsApp?
- To book slots through WhatsApp, first, you have to save the number +91-9013151515on yourmobile.
- After this, open your WhatsApp chat and type‘BookSlot’, and send it to the aforementioned number.
- After this you will receive a6 digit OTP via SMS.You have to send this OTP on WhatsApp.
- After entering the OTP, you have to choose the preferred vaccination date, location and vaccine.
- After selecting all these you will get the confirmation of slot booking.
This chatbot on WhatsApp was introduced back in March 2020 to help answer COVID-19 related questions and prevent misinformation around the coronavirus pandemic. Now, users can also get information about their nearest vaccination centre on WhatsApp. Earlier this month, the government had given the facility to get the vaccine certificate on WhatsApp.
Other options to book vaccine slots
People also have the option for booking slots just like before through CoWIN Portal or AarogyaSetu App.