Yesterday, 60,471 new COVID-19 infections were reported in the country. This figure is the lowest in the last 76 days. However, the deaths from Corona still raised concerns. In the last 24 hours in the country, 2,726 infected people succumbed to the virus. However, it is a matter of relief that yesterday, 1 lakh 17 thousand 525 patients were cured. After this, the number of active cases is reduced by 59,780.
- The West Bengal government has extended the restrictions till July 1. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee shared this information on Monday. She told that till July 1, there would be a ban on the movement of people between 9 pm and 5 am. However, essential services have been exempted.
- The Jharkhand government on Tuesday extended lockdown-like restrictions till June 24 with some relaxations, including the opening of shopping malls and departmental stores till 4 pm.
- The Puducherry government has also extended the lockdown to control the spread of coronavirus in the union territory till midnight of June 21 with additional restrictions. The lockdown norms came into force from midnight on June 14.
- The country is now moving towards unlocking amidst the decreasing cases of Corona. All the monuments and museums under the supervision of the central government will be opened from June 16. This information has been given by the Archaeological Survey of India.
- Russian vaccine Sputnik-V will be started at Delhi’s Indraprastha Apollo Hospital.
- A 68-year-old man died in India due to the corona vaccine. The panel constituted by the government has confirmed this. The person was given a dose of the vaccine on March 8, after which he showed side effects like anaphylaxis. This is a kind of allergic reaction, in which rashes appear on the body.According to the report of the committee, 31 cases of people with serious side effects were monitored after getting the vaccine in India, out of which 28 had died. However, only one of these people died due to the vaccine and 3 people recovered after being admitted to the hospital.
Corona at a glance in India (data taken from mygov.in)
Total new cases came in last 24 hours: 60,471
Total deaths in last 24 hours: 2,726
Total recovered patients in last 24 hours: 1,17,525
Total people infected so far: 2,95,70,881
Recovered till now: 2,82,80,472
Total deaths so far:3,77,031
Total active cases: 9,13,378
Total jabs given so far: 25,90,44,072