Coronaviruses belong from a family of viruses that can cause illnesses like common cold, severe acute respiratory syndrome and the Middle East respiratory syndrome. In 2019, a new coronavirus was identified as the cause of a disease outbreak in China.
This virus is now known as the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2. And the disease it causes known as coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Also Read:Deadly Coronavirus Spread in India
The early signs and symptoms of COVID-19 appear after 2-14 days after the exposure which includes:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
The severity of symptoms of this disease can vary from mild to severe. People who are in the age group of below 6 and who are in their older age and have any kind of medical conditions like heart disease have a higher risk of serious illness.
Right time to see a doctor
If you find any kind of symptoms then contact your doctor right away. Tell your doctor each and everything and get it treated on time.
Till now it has not been clear how exactly it happens and how contagious it is. It spreads from one person to another among those people who are in close contact.
Although there is no medicine or vaccine available to prevent infection with this new COVID-19, you can take some simple measures to reduce the risk of infection. According to the WHO and CDC, you can follow the standard precautions for avoiding respiratory viruses.
- Wash your hand regularly with a proper hand wash and try to use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Whenever you sneeze, try to cover your mouth and nose with tissues.
- If your hands are not clean then avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- If anyone who is sick then tries to avoid close contact.
- Clean and disinfect the places you often touch.
- If you are sick then try to stay at home.
- Try to avoid eating raw or undercooked food or meat.