The number of active patients( patients undergoing treatment) in the country has reached close to 20 lakhs. On the other hand, the number of infectedpeople in India also crossed the 1.5 crore mark. So far, 1,50,61,919 people have been infected. The silver lining here is that 1,29,53,821 people have been cured among them. Currently, India is at the top in terms of daily new cases. Overall, in terms of total infected persons,the US is at the top.
2.73 lakh new cases reported in 24 hours
The gruesome situation in the country can be understood by the fact that every day the figure of new patients of Corona is creating a new record. Within the last 24 hours, 2,73,810 people were found to be Corona positive in the country. Meanwhile, 1,44,178 people recovered yesterday. Record 1620 patients died yesterday.
10 states are in bad shape
On Sunday, 79.25% of cases of the corona were reported in 10 states alone. The highest number of cases were detected in Maharashtra(68,631). 30,566 cases were found in Uttar Pradesh. Delhi and Karnataka reported 25,462 and 19,067 cases respectively. 18,257 people were found to be infected in Kerala. 12,345 people were tested positive in Chhattisgarh. 12248, 10723, 10,514 and 10340 cases were reported from Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan and Gujarat respectively.
Stringent measures by states
- Lockdown in Delhi from today:
The lockdown has been imposed in the country’s capital from 10 PM tonight to 5 am on April 26. Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced it after a meeting with Delhi’s Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal. Kejriwal said, “The fourth wave has come to Delhi. The health system was paralyzed in six thousand cases in many major cities of the world. Now, in the fourth wave, 25 thousand cases are coming to Delhi every day, so our health system is under stress. It has reached its limit. If drastic steps are not taken after this, the system will collapse. Oxygen ran out in a hospital yesterday.”
- Allahabad High Court orders UP government to impose Lockdown:
The Allahabad High Court has directed full lockdown in 5 big cities of Uttar Pradesh. The court has ordered lockdown in Lucknow, Kanpur, Varanasi, Prayagraj and Gorakhpur till April 26.The Allahabad High Court heard the petition in connection with the growing cases in Uttar Pradesh corona. During this time, the Division Bench of Justice Siddharth Verma and Justice Ajit Kumar has ordered the lockdown in the 5 most-affected cities in the state. However, the UP government cleared that it is not going to impose a lockdown, as it will lay a negative impact on the economy of the state.
- Lockdown in Rajasthan
The Rajasthan government has decided to keep a lockdown across the state till May 3 in view of the increasing cases of Corona. Weekend curfew restrictions will remain in place for 15 days. The home department has released new guidelines for the late night till May 3.
Also read: Covid-19 Updates : Virus, Wave and Vaccine
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has cancelled his tour of India for the second time in the year. His visit was scheduled to India for four days from Sunday this week. Citing the situation, it has been cancelledfor now. Earlier, on the Republic Day parade, Johnson was also going to be the chief guest, but due to thepandemic, he had to cancel his visit.
- Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has become Corona positive. He has been admitted to Delhi AIIMS after the infection was confirmed. On Sunday, he gave a 5-points suggestionto Prime Minister Narendra Modi to deal with Corona. Manmohan had asked for approval to use the vaccine which has been approved in Europe and America without any condition of trial in the country.
Corona at a glance in India (* data taken from mygov.in)
- Total new cases came in last 24 hours: 2,73,810
- Total deaths in last 24 hours: 1619
- Total recovered in last 24 hours: 1,44,178
- Total infected so far: 1,50,61,919
- Recovered till now: 1,29,53,821
- Total deaths so far: 1,78,769
- Total Active cases: 19,29,329