Having an account in one of the National banks is easy. But it is not easy when it comes to transferring your account to a different branch by visiting the base branch. The crowds can go crazy at the start and end of the week too. Apart from the crowd factor, the process itself can be hectic as it involves several procedures including approval from both banks. Transferring your account from one branch to another can even take several weeks and you never know.
Digitizing banks now have simplified most of the processes, thanks to Digital India. Now it is possible to complete most of the banking procedures online. The prerequisite to complete this process is that you should have an active SBI net banking account. Here in this article, we are about to see the steps required to transfer your SBI account from your existing branch to a new branch.
Follow these simple steps to transfer your SBI account from one branch to another:
- Browse and access the official SBI website using the following URL: ‘www.onlinesbi.com’.
- The above URL will lead to the SBI ‘Net banking page’. There you will find two categories – personal banking and corporate banking.
- Select the option ‘Personal banking’ and log in using the correct credentials. If you are a new user, you will have to create your account in the first place.
- After logging into your personal net banking account, access the ‘e-services’ option at the top menu of the page.
- The drop-down menu will have a ‘more’ option. Click ‘more’ to browse through the list of links and click to access the ‘Transfer of savings account’ page.
- The page of ‘Transfer of savings account’ is where you need to enter and submit all the required fields.
- Select the account you are planning to transfer and proceed to fill the next fields below.
- Next is the column where you need to enter the details of the target branch that you wish to be transferred. Here fill the fields, branch code, and branch name. In case if you do not have the branch code, you can try using the branch locator tool. As soon as you enter the branch code, the target branch name will be entered in the field automatically.
- Now check the small box to accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and proceed to click submit at the bottom of the page.
- In the new page, Press ‘confirm’.
- You will receive an OTP to the registered mobile number upon confirmation.
- Enter this OTP – High-security password and press the ‘confirm’ option.
With this, you have completed all the necessary steps and your confirmation will be acknowledged with a message in a new page ‘Your branch transfer request has been successfully registered’. In order to verify if it has been properly done, you can find it in the section ‘History’. This section will display everything that you entered related to the transfer of your existing branch account to a new branch.
You May Also Read: The Cost of Apartments in Dubai for Sale May Surprise You