Any type of discrepancy in the body functioning should never be ignored, as it may be a problem that later becomes the cause of some major illness. Especially in the case of kidney, one needs be very careful, because if kidney disease is not detected in the initial stage then it can prove to be fatal. Statistics show that women are suffering the most from kidney disease, so they need to be more vigilant.
Our kidneys are in the middle of the body near the waist. This organ is equal to a fist. There are two kidneys in our body. Even if a kidney is completely damaged, the body keeps functioning. 20 per cent of the blood pumped by the heart goes to the kidney, where this blood gets cleaned and goes back into the body. In this way, the kidneys cleanse our blood and excrete all the toxins from the body through urine.
Also read: Banana Stem To Prevent Kidney Stones!
Let’s know about the signs that our body gives before kidney disease.
- Changes in the amount and timing of urination: In the first stage of kidney disease, the quantity and timing of urine start changing.
- Increased or reduced urine volume: The amount of urine either increases or decreases under abnormal functioning of the Kidney.
Also read: A Perfect Diet After Kidney Transplant
- Colour change in urine: The colour of urine becomes darker and it becomes thick if the kidney is not functioning properly.
- Urge to urinate frequently: When you start to feel frequent urination or waking up repeatedly at night to go to urinate, is the most common and predominant symptom of being an unhealthy kidney.
- Feeling a pain or burning sensation while urinating: When you feel pain or pressure while urinating, then it should be understood that there has been an infection in the urinary tract. Sometimes in such condition, fever or urinary tract irritation begins to be felt. At times back pain is also involved in other symptoms.
- Blood flow while urinating: When blood starts coming in the urine, a doctor should be consulted immediately without thinking because it is a sure sign of kidney failure.
- Foam in urine: After urinating, when it starts to develop foam then this is the first signs of kidney problem.
- Inflammation in Kidney: The main function of the kidney is to flush out the toxins from the body, but when this activity starts getting interrupted, then excess fluid starts to accumulate in the body, which causes inflammation in kidney. Due to kidney failure, excess water and salt cannot be removed from the body. As a result, there is swelling in the feet, ankle, hands and face, this condition is called Edema.
- Excess tiredness and weakness: Kidney produces a protein called erythropoietin, which helps to bring oxygen to red blood cells. When this activity of kidney is interrupted then the level of this hormone drops. Due to which anaemia occurs, which causes weakness and fatigue in the body.
- Feeling cold all the time: Anaemia caused due to kidney disease makes one feel cold even in a hot environment.
- Skin rashes and itching: Although these symptoms are symptoms of diseases in many ways, due to the formation of toxins in the body due to kidney failure, the rashes and itching start on the skin.